Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bastardized Goddess Chicken

In the constant adventure of trying new foods and the like, I got my boyfriend to buy us some of Annie’s Naturals dressings. Since the Goddess dressing is my brother’s (a vegan) favorite, we got a bottle of it (as well as a bottle of the Shiitake and Sesame Vinaigrette which I was SUPPOSE to cook with too, but SOME ONE forgot to put it in my bag of cooking goodies. Hm… Wonder who that could be?), but unlike my brother, we found it much to bitter for our tastes.

So it sat for almost two months in his fridge, rarely touched, before I dragged it out and decided to use it as a chicken marinade. I was amazed by how a few modifications changed the taste! Below I detail how I seasoned the dressing and how I cooked up the chicken. In total prep took about 13.5 hours, including the chicken marinating, and 20 minutes cooking.


Bastardized Goddess Chicken
2-4 Servings

Marinade:
Half a bottle of Annie’s Naturals Goddess Dressing
3 teaspoons of Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons of Minced Garlic (drain if it is from a jar)
2 teaspoons of Fresh Parsley (Feel free to non-fresh parsley, but I had fresh on hand)
1 teaspoons of Soy Sauce

Mix all ingredients together. This will cut down on the bitterness of the dressing and make the dressing taste more like a garlic tahini sauce. Also, I used only teaspoons of minced garlic because I used the jarred kind which is preserved with vinegar and too much, even drained gives a more vinegar taste.

Cooking:
4 chicken tenders or 2 chicken breasts
Half of a Sweet Onion, cut into stripes

1) Put chicken and marinade in a sealed container. Put the container in the fridge and marinate for 10-13 hours.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3) While oven is preheating: chop onion and prepare pan or baking dish.
4) Put marinade, chicken and onion on pan or in backing dish.
5) When oven is preheated, cook for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Other things to add: Broccoli, mushrooms, rice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment