Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Beginning

For as long as I can remember, I have been baking cookies at Christmas time and helping my mother cook various meals. Admittedly, "baking" and "helping" has been used very loosely until recently, especially since I wouldn't go with in ten feet of the stove and argued over every step of recipe. Really, I was just in it for the end product (but who isn't, to some point?).

Until the last year or so, I hated heat and hesitated going any where near a stove, sometimes even the toaster oven and my easy bake oven. Last year I pulled myself through a lot of anxieties, including my cooking woes.

I'm at the point now where I'm cooking for hours at a time, always finding a new recipe or technique, and am only anxious to find myself more hours in the kitchen. This blog is the excuse: I not only get to exercise my writing fingers, but I get to experiment with lovely food.

Here's what to look forward too:
- Tips and Tricks to getting at ease with the kitchen
- Recipes, from the quick and easy to the complex and amazing
- Quirky ways to have fun with cooking
- Other Blogs or websites to check out
- Cooking Anecdotes
-Restaurant Reviews (Because sometimes we all need a break from cooking)

Let's get to know each other over food!
-The Tentative Cooker

No comments:

Post a Comment